Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

A letter to Mike Jackson.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bill Riedel

A letter to Mike Jackson.

Post by Bill Riedel »

It has been a long time since visiting the forum, but yesterday afternoon was spent viewing all the very interesting posts and masterpiece signs along with Dave Smith's video. Doug Bernhardt's great pictures.
Sorry to have been away so long, but happy to be back. A special thanks to you Mike for making this all posible.
Bill Riedel
Bill Riedel
Bill Masters

Re: A letter to Mike Jackson.

Post by Bill Masters »

Great to see you here Bill
Welcome back, now how about some pictures from Broadway
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Bill,
Welcome back! And, thanks for the comments. The forum is mostly self sufficient now, so about all Danny and I have to do is help with lost usernames and passwords and culling out the registrations from people only wanting to spam the place. So, thanks back to everyone making posts and responses that keep the place hoppin'.

I know there are lots of Facebook options for everyone now, but I still like the format of a forum like this. Solid topics have a way of staying near the top of the page and are usually easy to find for future reference.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Ya Bill....good to know you're still about. Mike's right with the facebook message as there's lots of chatting but not much content. Great place to see some historic pictures etc. I check in here almost everyday although the time needed to post a thoughtful reply etc is just limited.
Tony Segale

Post by Tony Segale »

Howdy, Bill.

I'm lucky enough to see your handiwork everyday. Hope all is well back there on the Right Coast.
and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear.
http://www.tonysegale.com
http://www.tonysegale.wordpress.com
Bill Riedel

Post by Bill Riedel »

Hi Tony, it was with great pleasure for me to be asked to paint your portrait on the big mural, even though I was asked to make you look like you came from Pompae.(spelling)
One other memory of that mural was when I asked if there was anything else that needed to be done, there was a lot of lettering. When asking for the patterns, there were none and it all had to be done in the ancient style. I made the patterns on the wall next to the mural.
Seeing your work around town was a treat, they are lucky to have you do so many beautiful signs, especially the gold leaf work. We all admired it.
Bill
Bill Riedel